When I was reading Jo’s Around the World Blog Hop Post, I discovered she had also written her Ten Quilty Secrets. I know Rachael at Sew Today, Clean Tomorrow and Molli Sparkles have also written about it so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. The original post is over at 13 Spools.
Here, in no particular order, are my Ten Quilty Secrets.
1. I am an anal quilter. I love precise points. I will undo a seam multiple times to achieve a perfect point. I love fabrics that play together nicely. I love symmetry and order, either in the blocks or the quilt.
2. I don’t do random and I don’t do improv. I just don’t.
3. I starch everything. I love starch. It makes everything easier. Including matching points.
4. I had a brief dalliance with machine stitched binding but have returned to hand-stitched. It is a great, relaxing way to finish off a quilt.
5. I don’t do hand quilting. I do not enjoy hand quilting and I am not interested enough to persist in becoming competent.
6. I love the Cotton and Steel Basics. The prints I do not love. I admire the artwork but they are not me.
7. I do not love Liberty prints.
8. I love basting spray. It’s my preferred method of basting.
9. I haven’t quite got my head around the ‘modern’ quilting movement.
10. I don’t prewash except for Spotlight fabrics – I had a bad experience with shrinkage so I always prewash Spotlight fabrics.
What about you; are you game enough to share your 10 Quilty little secrets?