I’ve been collecting fabrics for my “Dear Jane” quilt for nearly five years now. The original was done in lovely muted colours in cream, but I’ve been collecting batiks to do on a black background. Over the last couple of days I’ve been bantering with some friends who also want to do it, and so I decided that today is the day. I’ve pulled out the fabrics and have found that I have 270 batik charm squares as well as some yardage. Since there are 225 blocks, I think I have about enough!
So, I’m off to sort them in colour order and sew my first block this afternoon. I’ll post photos when I’ve sorted them into colours; they’re a bit of a hodge-podge at the moment.