Well, on Sunday I pulled out all 280 batik charm squares and the more I looked at them the more I realised that putting them in my DJ quilt wouldn't do them justice, nor would they do justice to DJ. So, I've gone to DJ Take 2, which is rainbow colours on black. These are mostly from my stash with a couple of supplements. I'm not yet 100% sure how I'm going to work the colours; that's my task for the next couple of nights. I think I'll start with pink in the middle and move through to purple at the outside, and do the triangles in all the colours. I'm also not sure that I'll use the light pink on the end. I have the software but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it.... When I do, I can play with colours on the computer but until then I've pulled out the Faber Castells and get to do colouring in!
Archives for September 2013
I’ve been collecting fabrics for my “Dear Jane” quilt for nearly five years now. The original was done in lovely muted colours in cream, but I’ve been collecting batiks to do on a black background. Over the last couple of days I’ve been bantering with some friends who also want to do it, and so I decided that today is the day. I’ve pulled out the fabrics and have found that I have 270 batik charm squares as well as some yardage. Since there are 225 blocks, I think I have about enough!
So, I’m off to sort them in colour order and sew my first block this afternoon. I’ll post photos when I’ve sorted them into colours; they’re a bit of a hodge-podge at the moment.